Saturday, July 12, 2008

June 26, 2008

Equine Outreach Program

We are the Little Engine that could. We now have one family coming each week and then usually at least one other appointment during the week. I know it does not seem glamorous but it is very fulfilling.

This little girl came out and got the full tour (not that it takes too long), then helped us clean a stall then picked a horse to ride. She was all smiles and such a gentle rider. She learned quickly how to look where she wanted to go and to use her legs to guide the horse. The mom was very appreciative and was amazed that we spent close to two hours together and that I was not going to charge anything for the visit.


I continue to pray that God will bless the outreach and bring those he knows need to come. I pray that he shows me how to keep the horses in the face of all the financial struggles right now. We also need a new place to operate.

If you are the praying sort here is a list of the most urgent needs.
10 – 20 acres available for what we can afford
A ramp and mounting block for those with limited physical abilities
12 – 16 tons of good quality grass or mix hay

Some things that we sure could use:
1 rope halter and lead
3 saddle pads
3 saddles (preferable 14”, 15” and 16”)
3 bridles
3 d-ring snaffle bits

I appreciate all prayers sent our way. I do believe that God is watching out for us and encouraging us. Every time I feel I can’t continue and we must sell the horses or quit, he sends a messenger to encourage and up lift. I must trust that He is going to provide all the needs.

No comments: